1948

Amalgamation of Old Legiolians and Castleford RUFC

1948

after Special Meeting at the Magnet Hotel on 7th January to co-opt the Castleford RUFC committee onto the Old Legiolians’ committee and then a combined General Meeting of both clubs and (at a Special Meeting held in March 1948 at the Magnet Hotel attended by 40 members including former members of the old Castleford RUFC voted to change the name to Castleford RUFC and this was carried and Mr JW (Bill) Hartley of the old club was elected as President) to proceed as Castleford RUFC.